Tuesday, November 6, 2012

one last post before I start on my assignment

One comment that TCT made  after our presentation was this: " What a nice and kind teacher that is. " (talking about me because I was acting as a role of a teacher) then she went on and said that the teacher could actually draw on what the student was sharing and make it a turn around point so that intervention could be more effective.

It's true, and I have always recognised that, whilst I can be the person whom people feel comfortable opening up with, feel safe with, I often find that I lack the follow through which could help them better solve their problems. I used to atttribute that to the reason why I am not a counselor in profession.

It's also true, that whilst compassion is important in getting people to open up and share their struggles and hearts, whilst sometimes, people just really want to be heard, but we can also, dependent on the situation, play a pivotal role in empowering them to change, simply by drawing on what they share, on their helplessness about a situation and pointing them to the right direction. Easier said than done. Definitely needs lots of experience, skill, and god-given wisdom. Dear God, please help me in this area. Amen!!!!

That's why she's crushable material (to me). hahaha. Time to start on my assignment!
.

No comments: